System Engineer for ADAS/AD
You will work with a team of highly qualified and motivated experts who are passionate about developing state-of-the-art in-car Software. Our current target is to deliver functions in the area of low speed ADAS: Trailer assist and Automated emergency braking. Our key customers are VW, AUDI and Porsche. There is a mixed team in Czech republic and Germany. In the long term perspective we will focus on next generation vehicles from all brands in the Volkswagen Group that will run on VW.OS (Volkswagen Operating System) and fast-track future connectivity, e-mobility and automated driving features. Software is our passion and we have a strong commitment to ship high quality products.
Does this resonate with you? If so we'd love to hear from you.
What you will do:
Responsibility of the system engineer:
- Understand customer requirements (Wolfsburg, Berlin, Ingolstadt) and communicate them to the development team
- Understand technical constraints of the development team and explain them to the customer
- Have a clear vision about the final product
- Find a balance between customer requirements and the team constraints
- Define solutions for new requirements
- Daily formal and informal communication to the customer and team
- Understand impacts of the decisions taken
- Presence in test drives and explaining details of the solution
The suitable candidate shoudl have:
- University degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with proven delivery experience in large and complex product development domains, ideally in automotive/aerospace/rail or similar
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering V Lifecycle and how to apply it to a highly complex project/product which spans across multiple domains such as electrical, mechanical and software; preferably, you also have worked in a software driven environment and have successfully connected Systems and Software Engineering
- Good communication skills. Good in negotiation (we are not searching for „yes man“)
- (Optional) Practical experience with Requirements Management/Requirements Engineering processes and methods as well as tools such as DOORS, PTC Integrity, Codebeamer or equivalent is desirable
- (Optional) Practical experience with ISO26262, ASPICE and their application in an agile environment is desirable
- (Optional) Elementary know-how of the HW, e.g. for the presentation purposes
- Advanced English (must have) or/and German language (nice to have)
- Good analytical capability
- Willingness for occasional foreign business trips (mainly Germany)
- Driving license, active driver
What can you look forward to?
Become a part of a stable multinational company within the VW group with 20 years long tradition. You will gain interesting work in a growing field and be in the centre of development of new automotive technologies that will be introduced into cars within the next 5 years. We are a great team of friendly colleagues who are experts in what they do and share their knowledge and support each other.
Additionally, our company provides a number of interesting BENEFITS, such as:
- Individual plan of learning and development, attending conferences, participation in company innovation program, language courses
- Flexible working hours
- 5 weeks of holiday, sick days
- Cafeteria benefit system
- Special reduced price of operating leasing for Škoda cars
- Meal vouchers
- Multisport card
- Company contribution for supplementary pension insurance
- Travel insurance for private purposes even for family members
- T-Mobile Program – tariffs even for family members
- Motivating reward for recommending new colleagues
- Company events
We are open to remote cooperation with regular trips to our HQ in Prague.
Send us your CV - looking forward to meeting you!